Interior House Painters Yarraville
Sometimes it’s great to paint new builds, and sometimes not. It really makes a difference when you’re working with a good builder, and that’s what we as, interior house painters Yarraville aim for. Planning is key to everything for a great paint job, especially when you are working around other trades. This job was well planned, so it went smoothly and on time.
The customer had already decided the colour scheme. And with a clear remit our job was easy.
With these important aspects taken care of, these are the painting jobs interior painters dream of.
- Haymes Expression Ceiling Flat – Casper White Quarter
- Dulux Wash & Wear Low Sheen – Casper White Quarter
- Dulux Wash & Wear Flat – Grey Soot
- Dulux Super Enamel Semi Gloss – Casper White Quarter
- Dulux Super Enamel Semi Gloss – Black
- Dulux Super Enamel Semi Gloss – Carnelian
Painted Black Doors
We had quite a challenge with the black painted doors, they were originally painted Low Sheen. Which looks great, however it is very easy to mark and damage. Due to a few kids in the family we had to come up with another plan.
So we suggested a semi gloss enamel, because gloss tends to look like a leather jacket from the 1970s. It worked a treat. And as so, it really complimented the black door furniture.
Detailed Painting Quotes
Now let me get this right you’re going to give a man lots of money for a figure on a piece of scrap paper! where’s your Painting Quote?
Or here’s the one I love, he’s got a calculator and punched in some numbers, taken a deep sharp intake of breath, and shows it to you looking disgusted in the opposite direction, tutting!
Here’s what HAS to be on a painting quote:
Contractors complete details. i.e.
Clients full details, that’s you.
All Painting Quotes should include:
1. Scope of works. This clearly identifies items to be painted i.e. walls, ceiling, windows, doors etc
2. Specification. This section identifies areas such as the Preparation required i.e. Sanding, filling of holes and indentations. The quote should also state if previous coatings need to be removed to obtain a sound surface before repainting and does the surface need to be washed down? i.e kitchen, wood work etc
This section should also include the number of coats to be applied, type of paint to be
Used, colour required, and the selected gloss level.
3. Exclusions. This section identifies what is not to be painted and is just as important as the Scope of Works.
4. Insurance. Contractors must have Public Liability and Personnel Accident Insurance.
This is for your protection in case something goes wrong.
It is important that you sight their current Certificate of Compliance.
5. GST. Must be included in the final quotation amount